New Drivers (Initial) Driver CPC
Update : Monday January 22nd 2024 - Sorry, we are no longer taking bookings for Initial Driver CPC training (New Drivers)
Are you ex military?
Have you already completed Modules 1+3?
For LGV drivers who gained their C1 Category before 10th September 2009 you have what is called 'grandfather rights'.
If this doesn't apply to you, you are a 'New Driver'. Check on the back of your drivers licence in column 10 next to C1.
If the date is after 10/09/09 (or there is no date next to C1) you need Initial Driver CPC
If you are a new driver and need advice on what can seem a complicated process we can help! If you are starting from scratch and need all four modules or perhaps you have served in the armed forces and have completed Modules 1+3 and need to do the Driver CPC element (Modules 2+4) call us today 0191 5561004 ask to speak to Gary.
We take care of managing you through the booking process and provide you with a guide to enable you to revise and understand the route to become qualified and staying qualified.
Click on the image to the right to download our guide.
Now Available as a
page PDF eBook!
What The Truck? Is now availabe also as a
downloadable 100 page PDF eBook!
Or click here to learn how you can download.
1. LGV DRIVER CPC COURSE MODULE 2 CASE STUDIES THEORY TEST
The case studies are scenarios or a set of circumstances that you may encounter in your working life as a professional
driver. You will have 7 different case studies with between 6 and 8 questions. You will be asked 50 questions in
total and have 90 minutes to complete the test you need 40 correct to pass.
There are five types of case studies that you may be asked:
1. Multiple Choice - choosing your answer from a number of possibilities
2. Multi Response - selecting more than one choice from a number of options.
3. Hot Spot - using the mouse and clicking on an appropriate area of an illustration.
4. Audio - listening to an audio clip, then choosing an answer from a number of options.
5. Short Text- you may also be asked to provide a short text answer by using the keyboard.
You will be given your results within 10 minutes of completion. Once you have passed call the contact on the number
in your welcome email and let them know you now need them to book your Module 4.
2. LGV DRIVER CPC COURSE MODULE 4 PRACTICAL DEMONSTRATION PRACTICAL TEST
The test is performed at your local driving test centre and lasts 0.5hours. Candidates arrive and WE will provide the vehicle which they will use to demonstrate the answers to the questions asked by the examiner.
You will also need to demonstrate your knowledge of load securing using a demo trolley.
The Practical test assesses the candidates knowledge and ability in the following areas:
- Loading the vehicle with due regard for the safety rules and proper vehicle use.
- Ensuring security of the vehicle and its contents.
- Preventing criminality and trafficking of illegal immigrants.
- Assessing emergency situations.
- Preventing physical risks.
- Carrying out a vehicle safety check.
The above is classified into 5 topic areas with a pass mark of 15% out a maximum 20% in each topic and an overall
score of 80%.
The costs for Module 4 include test fee / hire of vehicle and for 1 hour demo before.
As well as test vehicle fuel costs from training centre to test centre and back
On the day of the test please remember to bring your licence and your Module 2 pass certificate.
Then once you pass you will then receive your Driver Qualification Card. And you are good to go!
Contact us today! We can help and guide you through what you need to do next. Click here. We need your details.
Just need Module 4 Test ?
We cover the North East of England and can book you in if you live in Durham, Sunderland, Newcastle, Gateshead, Stockton, Darlington, Middlesbrough and all surrounding areas.
Ring 0191 5561004 for more details... or click here...
We can then guide you through this process and get you booked in ASAP!